Sunday, April 19, 2009
Sharon: Topeka, Kansas
Early this afternoon, I travelled over to Topeka to speak with Sharon, a young girl who had a run-in with a group of zombies at her local church. She spoke of how the zombies banged on the door, how they broke in through the windows, how their groans terrified everyone around them. Throughout this whole interview, she used a lot of acting, by either making noises of a gun going off, or her mother stroking her hair and face, saying "It's alright." She imitated each and every move that she could just to make it seem real. She made me feel extremely sad and forced upon me the thought of how many other children went through the terror that she endured. Also, I found it very odd that she never got sad, or didn't even cry after speaking of how she lost her mother. She spoke her story like it was some type of cartoon or childrens' book. Lastly, I was extremely happy that the room was soundproof, because I definitely wouldn't want to be there if any other patients freaked out from the realistic groaning of Sharon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment