What do you think they did with all the dead bodies?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Christina Eliopolis: Air National Guard Base, Tennessee


This afternoon, I had an interesting interview with Mrs. Eliopolis, a former Raptor driver in the Air Force.  She was stationed into the 'airborn resupply' group, which goes around to different safe zones around the US and drops off anything needed.  Most of her story took place after one of her routine flights was "ended."  She landed in the middle of a dry patch with no zombies somewhere around souther Louisiana, for all the Gs were travelling toward  Baton Rouge and Lafayette.  As she landed, she picked up a signal on her radio from a woman in a remote cabin, calling herself 'Mets Fan,' or Mets for short.  As Christina's Skywatcher, she guided her through all the bad and good times, and making Christina think about what was going on at the same time.  With two different reoccurances with swarms of zombies, the confident survivor accidetly broke her ankle when escaping from a tree.  As she headed for the I-10, Mets talked her through the whole ordeal, smashing her with harsh comments and screaming at her to keep going.  Although she was told that Mets was herself and she was hallucinating her voice the whole time, Mrs. Eliopolis still believes Mets is out there somewhere.  In my personal opinion, I feel that Mets was her conscience, because of the resources that Mets worked with to help her through the tough times, and the knowledge only a trained air force trooper would know.  In all, this interview was very intriguing and made me very happy.

4 comments:

Ryan Stelzer said...

I agree with the Skywatcher Mets being a voice in her head. She was troubled from all that was happening, especially the loss of her friend. Mets knew too much about her to be a Skywatcher, but the voice did keep her alive.

Gustavo Deleon said...

It was pretty cool the Skywatcher Mets kept telling he to keap going. Otherwise, she would've died. I really like the way you thought of her Mets and also, the interview was pretty interesting.

Erik Masingill said...

I also agree with you that Mets was only a conscience inside the mind. Mrs. Eliopolis would have chosen to just die and go to heaven rather than keep on going. However, there was something that she kept on believing in everytime Mets had spoke. She continued to keep on being pushed by Mets, and eventually she had made it through for now. Who knows how long it will take for Mrs. Eliopolis to get hit by the outbreak. How long can Mets continue to bring out the toughest in her.

Nick Murphy said...

I agree, I think Mets Fan was like a guardian angel to Mrs. Eliopolis. Without her to guide her, Christina would have lost all hope. Also, she could have died if not for the advice not to go into the cars to look for supplies.